Helpful hints when calling 911
- Always stay on the telephone with the 911 operator and be prepared to give the following information:
- Where - is the problem?
- When - is it happening now? Did it just happened?
Did it happen yesterday?
- Who - is the victim and what is their name? Who is
the abuser and is the abuser on the scene?
- What - is the name of the abuser?
- Weapons - if there's weapons involved what kind
(hands, knife, guns, baseball bat, etc.)?
- Weapons - if there's not weapons being used, does
the abuser have access to them? If yes, where are the weapons.
- Medical attention - does the victim need medical
attention? What are the extend of the injuries?
- History - has this happened before?
(provided by Prince George's County Public Safety Communications)
This page last modified Sunday, March 11, 2007
Home Page To contact Gina, Shaun
& Joshua's family